Kauaʻi Visitors Bureau
Lani Kaui Project Manager, Community Enrichment Program and Sales Coordinator, Kauaʻi Visitors Bureau
Fun fact: Loves ice cream, dark chocolate and volleyball!
Christy Lagundino Office Assistant, Kauaʻi Visitors Bureau
Fun fact: Former Future Farmers of America (FFA) member.
Jim Braman Kauaʻi Chapter Chairperson
General Manager, The Cliffs at Princeville
General Partner and Managing Director Kauaʻi Kilohana Partners, Kilohana Plantation
General Manager, The Shops at Kukuiʻula
General Manager, The Shops at Kukuiʻula
General Manager, Hilton Garden Inn Kauaʻi Wailua Bay
General Manager, 1 Hotel Hanalei Bay
Resort Manager, Koʻa Kea Hotel & Resort
Executive Director, Anaina Hou Community Park
Coordinator, West Kauaʻi/Waimea Town Celebration
Marketing Consultant, Hanalei Colony Resort
Invited Guests (non-voting)
Director, County of Kaua‘i, Office of Economic Development
Robert "Bob" Crowell
Harbormaster, State of Hawai‘i – Harbor’s Division
Kaua‘i Airports District Manager, Hawai‘i Department of Transportation, Airport Division
President, Kaua‘i Chamber of Commerce
Executive Director, Hawai‘i Lodging & Tourism Association-Kaua‘i Chapter
The Hawaiʻi Tourism Authority (HTA), in partnership with the counties and the respective visitor bureaus, developed community-based Destination Management Action Plans (DMAPs) that aim to rebuild, redefine and reset the direction of tourism over a three-year period. The focus is on stabilization, recovery, and rebuilding to the desired visitor industry for each island. The actions put forth in the DMAPs are guided by an island-based Steering Committee for each island, and includes a collaborative process which encourages participation and vital input from the community, visitor industry and other sectors. The DMAPs identify areas of need as well as actionable solutions for enhancing the residents’ quality of life and improving the visitor experience across the islands.
HTA’s 2020–2025 Strategic Plan is organized around four interacting pillars—Natural Resources, Hawaiian Culture, Community, and Brand Marketing, with more emphasis on addressing tourism impacts and greater destination management. In it, HTA defined Destination Management to include: attracting and educating responsible visitors; advocating for solutions to overcrowded attractions, overtaxed infrastructure, and other tourism-related problems; and working with other responsible agencies to improve natural and cultural assets valued by both Hawaiʻi residents and visitors.
- #1 Kaua‘i, The Best Islands in Hawai‘i – Hawai‘i Magazine
- Hanalei (#2) & Pō‘ipu (#5) listed as 5 Best Towns in Hawai‘i – Hawai‘i Magazine
- Kapa‘a named Favorite Beach Town, Hawaiian Islands, The Trazees, by Trazee Travel
- No new structure can be built more than four stories high, the height of a mature coconut palm tree.
- Kaua‘i has been the location for many popular movies, including South Pacific, Blue Hawaii, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Jurassic Park, Tropic Thunder, Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, The Descendants, Jurassic World, Hobbs & Shaw and Disney’s Jungle Cruise.
- Kaua‘i has more beach per coastline than its neighbor islands.
- Kaua‘i has the only navigable rivers in Hawai‘i.
- The National Tropical Botanical Garden is headquartered on Kaua‘i. Only five exist in the US, and three are located on Kaua‘i. Its goal is to advance scientific research, public education and plant conservation.
The Hawaiʻi Tourism Authority’s (HTA) Community Enrichment Program (CEP) supports Hawaiʻi’s Community-based projects, programs, and events that enhance resident and visitor experiences. HTA’s Signature Events Program (SEP) attracts attendees and participants from outside the state of Hawaiʻi with extensive national and international marketing and has a significant economic impact as measured by the number of out-of-state participants. HTA is partnering with the Hawaiʻi Visitors & Convention Bureau (HVCB) and its Island Chapters to administer the 2023 CEP and SEP process.
Visit hvcb.org/cep for more information about the Community Enrichment Program and the Signature Events Program.
Kauaʻi Visitors Bureau Sue Kanoho, Executive Director
4473 Paheʻe Street, Suite F Līhuʻe, HI 96766