Tourism is everyone's business. Join our ohana of over 1,400 businesses and supporters in actively shaping Hawaii's future. Work with the HVCB and its Island Chapters in sharing Hawaii's aloha with the world.
The first step in becoming a member of HVCB is to contact the Membership Department.
We'll be happy to learn more about you and your business so that we can best explain what HVCB membership has to offer, and tailor a membership program to meet your goals.
Once you're ready to join, simply complete the HVCB Membership Application, and we'll process your new membership within two to three days.
As a stakeholder in Hawaii's economy, we're sure you understand the importance of our charge to promote Hawaii to North America and the world. Producing $13.3 billion, or nearly 16.7% of the Gross State Product, the tourism industry is clearly the driving force supporting Hawaii's economy. Tourism is, by far, Hawaii's largest industry, largest employer, largest tax payer, and is the base on which all other industry is predicated.
Consider these facts:
- 204,000 jobs in Hawaii, or more than one in six, are in the tourism industry in 2017.
- Tourism-related tax payments to the state and county governments amounted to $1.96 billion of the total revenues, in 2017.
- Direct spending by visitors to Hawaii totaled roughly $16.78 billion dollars in 2017.
The success of all businesses in Hawaii is impacted by tourism. When the visitor industry slumps, the effects ripple from the hotels and attractions, through their employees and vendors, all the way down to the neighborhood corner store. A strong visitor industry is a positive sign for every company doing business in Hawaii.
In addition, membership offers several ways for your company to gain exposure to consumers from around the world. Members receive a variety of opportunities, including advertising, collateral, promotions, and e-marketing, all of which are summarized below.
Levels of Membership
The HVCB offers three levels of partnerships based on your type of business. Each provides varying levels of participation based on a company's individual needs to generate marketing exposure.
To view a level's benefits and services, click on the partnership program below.
We look forward in helping you choose a membership level that best fits your company's marketing goals.
If you would personally like to become a tourism industry supporter, consider our Individual partnership program.
benefits & services
- Gohawaii.com –
Website listing on Hawaii’s official tourism website
- Receives an average of 500,000 unique visitors per month
- The Hawaiian Islands Visitors’ Guide
- Island-Specific Vacation Planner (When applicable, by island representation)
- Kauai Travel Planner
- Oahu Vacation Planner
- Maui, Molokai, and Lanai Vacation Planner
- Hawaii Island Travel Planner
- Various opportunities for participation in promotions, cooperative advertising, and other programs will be communicated via email or on Kahe Wale Online – HVCB’s Member News site.
- Market Research and Trend Analysis – Up-to-date tourism reports & analysis available online.
- Cooperative Marketing Campaign Materials – Access to select HVCB consumer marketing materials. Leverage our successful campaign messaging for your brand.
- Brochure Racking in HVCB/Island Chapter Office (When applicable, contact office for more info)
- HVCB Membership Certificate Ensemble
- HVCB Membership Decal
- HVCB Membership Directory
- HVCB Membership Logo
- Kahe Wale Online – HVCB’s member news site
- Island Chapter member news and updates
- HVCB's Cooperative Opportunities – Receive details on HVCB’s cooperative marketing and advertising opportunities.
- Information Distribution Service (IDS)
- For a nominal fee you can target other members to receive your company's event notice, marketing pieces, or invitations via fax and/or electronic broadcast, or receive printed labels for traditional direct mail out.
- Public Relations – Keep the Public Relations Department informed of news and events that can be incorporated into HVCB media materials, which may result in story ideas pitched to travel writers.
- meethawaii.com – Website listing on Hawaii’s official meeting planner website
- Receives an average of 1,000 unique visitors per month
- Online CMI Calendar – Access the resources to contact meeting planners about your product or service prior to their arrival.
- Industry/Professional Trade Shows – Reserve a booth space at one of the tradeshows (e.g. IMEX America, Meeting Professional International (MPI), etc.) CMI attends within North America. (Opportunity open to members only; associated fees vary)
- Guide to Meetings, Conventions, and Incentives
Not all of the benefits and services above are applicable to all members. Benefits and services are subject to change. Additional guidelines may apply. For more information on HVCB Membership, please contact us.